Indoor workouts are held at Brown’s Olney-Margolis Athletic Center (OMAC), which located at 235 Hope St., Providence.
Indoors meets Monday and Wednesday mornings at 5:45 am. and usually on Wednesdays at 5:45 pm. There are some Wednesday evenings when we are not able to meet; pay attention to Rick’s emails or pre-workout announcements for any times when there is a conflict with the Brown athletic schedules.
Important information on indoor practices:
- Because we run on a smaller track than when we run outdoors, proper warmup and stretching are essential to staying injury free. Plan to arrive by 5:45 am to allow time for stretching. The track opens at 5:30 am.
- There is no additional fee for Running Club members attending indoor workouts; just let the attendant know you are with the RMHP running club.
- Showers are available but don’t leave anything valuable in the locker room during your workout.
- All parking is on street—do NOT park in the Brown lots.
- The 24-hour hotline for Brown closings in case of inclement weather is 863-3111.